Dr. PANAGIOTIS S. KALLIDONIS
Home address: 97A Alonnisou str, Patras, 26334, Greece.
Telephone number: +30 6972030048
Occupational address: Department of Urology, University Hospital of Patras, 26504, Rio, Patras, Greece
Telephone number: +30 2610 999385-6,
Date of birth: 16th of April 1980
Academic Associate, Department of Urology, University of Hospital of Patras, Rion, 26504, Patras, Greece.
Successful completion of training in Urology on 28/02/2013.
Successful examination for Hellenic board of Urology on 24/04/2013.
- Elementary School of Holargos, Athens
- High School of Holargos, Athens
Date of graduation: June 1998
- University of Patras- Greece
“Ptychion Iatrikis” – Medical Degree, Medical School of University of Patras, Greece
Final grade: “Lian Kalos”- Very Good
- Obligatory service in the Hellenic Army, February 2006-November 2006:
Served as Medical Doctor/Officer.
- Resident in Urology, Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Germany
(December 2006- June 2007).
- Resident in General Surgery, Department of Surgery, General Hospital of Amaliada, Greece (June 2007-October 2008).
- Rural Medical service, Health Center of Nafpaktos, General Hospital of Mesologgi, Greece (April 2009-January 2010).
- Resident in Urology, Department of Urology, General Hospital of Korinthos, Greece (January 2010-November 2010).
- Resident in Urology, Department of Urology, University Hospital of Patras, Greece
(January 2010 – February 2013).
- PhD Diploma: Department of Urology, University of Patras Medical School- “Evaluation of drug-eluting metal stents in animal ureters” (2008-2011).
- Master in Clinical Pharmacology, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece (November 2011 – July 2013).
- EUSP scholarship at the Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Germany (2013).
- Specialist in Urology and training in Laparoscopic and Robotic Urological Surgery, Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Germany (August 2013 – July 2014).
- Two year combined Endourology Fellowship of the Endourological Society, Department of Urology, University of Patras, Greece (August 2013- July 2015).
- Academic Associate, University Hospital of Patras, Greece (November 2014- November 2016).
- Assistant Doctor, University Hospital of Patras, Greece (October 2017 – July 2018)
- Assistant Professor, University Hospital of Patras, Greece (July 2018 – today)
- Greek: Native language
- English: Fluent.
- Certificate of Proficiency in English, Michigan University (2004)
- First Certificate in English, University of Cambridge (1995)
- Zentrale Mittelstufeprϋfung (1997)
- Zertifikat Deutsch als Fremdsprache (1994)
Cambridge International Diploma in IT skills (August 2008)
- License to Practice Medicine in Greece (2005)
- License to Practice Medicine in Germany (2006)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS- 2012)
- License to Practice Urology (2013)
- Fellow of the European Board of Urology- FEBU (2013)
- Two year combined Endourology Fellowship, successful accomplishment, Department of Urology, University of Patras, Greece (2015)
PRESENTATIONS IN CONGRESSES (N=40)
PARTICIPATION IN MODERATION OF SESSIONS (N=15)
PARTICIPATION IN TRAINING AND INSTRUCTIVE SESSIONS (N=22)
- European Urological Scholaship Programme (EUSP)- Clinical Visit, Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Germany (5/2013-8/2013).
- Krüger Insitute (Dr. Siegfried Krüger Stiftung) for the development of the Urological research in Prostate Cancer (July 2013).
- First Award in the Young Urologists Competition in EAU 12th South Eastern European Meeting, October 2016, Serajevo, Bosnia: “Minimally invasive partial nephrectomy: Tumor enucleation and clampless technique.”
- Second Prize in the 6th Scientific Meeting of the Urooncology section of the Hellenic Urologic Association, June 2015, Thessaloniki, Greece for the abstract: “Hybrid Laparoendoscopic Single site surgery for the upper urinary tract with the use of mini-laparoscopic instruments: Excellent Cosmetic and mid-term oncologic results.” Kallidonis, P., Kyriazis, I., Panagopoulos V., Vasilas M., Liatsikos E.
- Third prize in the 27th Annual EAU Congress, 24-28 February 2012, Paris, for the abstract: “Pretreatment with vardenafil attenuates renal ischemia-reperfusion injury. An experimental study in rats. “Kyriazis, I., Kallidonis, P., Andrikopoulos, O., Georgiopoulos, I., Liourdi, D., Marazioti, A., Papapetropoulos, A., Stolzenburg, J.U., Liatsikos, E.
- Best poster in poster session 28: High power (200W) thulium laser vaporization of the prostate with the Oyster technique: Initial experience and early postoperative outcomes. 31st Annual Congress of European Association of Urology 2016, Munich, Germany.
MEMBER OF THE EDITORIAL BOARD OF JOURNALS
- Hellenic Urology Journal: Official Journal of the Hellenic Urological Association
REVIEWER IN PEER-REVIEW JOURNALS
- European Urology.
- World Journal of Urology.
- Journal of Endourology.
- Current Urology.
- Reviews in Urology.
- European Medical Journal Urology.
- BioMed Central Urology.
- Hellenic Urology
- Indian Journal of Urology
- Expert reviews on Medical Devices
ABSTRACT REVIEWER IN CONGRESSES
- 32nd Annual Congress of European Association of Urology 2017, London, UK
MEMBERSHIPS IN SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATIONS
- Hellenic Urological Association
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- Endourological Society
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Central Research Office of Endourological Society- CROES
- Young academic urologists – Office of The European Association of Urology
(YAU-EAU)- “Urolithiasis and Minimally Invasive Surgery Section”.
- Ex Officio Member, EULIS Board, EAU
- European Section of Uro-Technology (ESUT)
PUBLICATIONS IN PUBMED JOURNALS (N= 132)